editing features with map topology

03-02-2013 04:28 AM
JoannaGosztowtt
New Contributor
Hi,
I'm working with sewer lines and manhole layers (ArcGIS 10.1 SP1). I have the new x,y coordinates for the manhole connected with sewer lines. I've already created a map topology. When I click the manwhole feature, the new topology cache is built. Then if I right - click the manhole i should choose 'move to' tool (at least that was in non-topology features). But there is no 'move to' tool. Anyone knows how can i move this manwhole with sewer lines?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MelanieSummers
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Joanna,

You should be able to select the point you want to move > right click the point > Edit Vertices > Move To... > Enter the new coordinates of the points. Is this not available?

Best,
Melanie S.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Joanna,
The topology tool context menu items 'move' and 'move to' were removed from the menu at 10.1 as part of the topology refresh.
You can add them back in by going through the customize dialog. They can be found under the commands tab in the topology category. You can drag/drop them onto an existing toolbar or put them back in the topology tool context menu.
0 Kudos
JoannaGosztowtt
New Contributor
Hi,
Thanks for reply and help 🙂

Joanna
0 Kudos
ClaytonCowherd
New Contributor
I'm having the same problem, and the suggestions have not solved it.  I added the Move To command to the topology tool context menu but it is grayed out.  If I try to use edit vertices, it requests that I select only one feature to modify. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Clayton,
Did you get the 'move to' command from the topology category? There's also one in the editor category but that wont work in this case.
0 Kudos
ClaytonCowherd
New Contributor
Ahh...Success!  Thank you!
0 Kudos