Domain creation problem

03-17-2016 08:38 AM
LindaDeLay
New Contributor

I am using ArcCatalog ArcGIS 10.3.1 to create my domains. The process is not working. I add in the codes for the drop-down but when I ender accept and move to the next line to create the next domain name, the previous entries are not longer there. Is there a patch that I missed? Any solutions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Are the domains being added to a enterprise geodb like sql server or something. Do you have sufficient permissions?

LindaDeLay
New Contributor

No, just a File Geodatabase in prep for use in ArcGIS Collector. Not using subtypes but using the Coded list to create dropdown for attributes before I publish as a map service to ArcGIS Online.

Cheers

Linda S. DeLay, GISP

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Just double check the file permissions on the directory where the file geodb lives. Do you have write access?

LindaDeLay
New Contributor

Hi Neil:

The folder was read-only. I unchecked and will try this again. Was strange though that the first Domain I tried was successful and all others not. I’ll try again and report.

Thanks so much!

Linda

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Linda,

I am able to create domains in ArcGIS 10.3.1 without any issues. Have you followed the steps outlined at this webpage:

Exercise 3: Create subtypes and attribute domains—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop