Distributed GDB: Compare and Import schema?

Jump to solution
03-29-2022 07:51 AM
Map2021
New Contributor III

I have in the past used the Distributed GDB tools in Desktop to update schema between my Enterprise GDB and child replicas. I noticed that in Pro that the Distributed GDB function exists but the tools for comparing and importing changes is not. Am I not looking in the right place?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently the Compare Replica Schema and Import Replica Schema Changes GP tools are not in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.x.  There is an ArcGIS Pro idea to incorporate this into a future release of ArcGIS Pro.  I'd recommend voting it up.  Hopefully the ArcGIS Pro Dev Team adds this functional equivalency item to ArcGIS Pro in a near future release.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently the Compare Replica Schema and Import Replica Schema Changes GP tools are not in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.x.  There is an ArcGIS Pro idea to incorporate this into a future release of ArcGIS Pro.  I'd recommend voting it up.  Hopefully the ArcGIS Pro Dev Team adds this functional equivalency item to ArcGIS Pro in a near future release.

Map2021
New Contributor III

I have previously supported this idea. Do you know if there is any movement on this? Are there other new solutions I should be looking at? Is there a reason that ESRI hasn't incorporated this core toolset into Pro yet?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There is an enhancement request - ENH-000132236 - Make the tools for working with schema changes in geodatabase replication available in ArcGIS Pro - that is currently under review by the dev team.  As I work in Esri Training Services, I'm not privy to when this enhancement request will be incorporated into ArcGIS Pro.  Fingers crossed that it's ArcGIS Pro 3.0 coming out this year.

0 Kudos