Select to view content in your preferred language

Digital Globe's RPB file

08-14-2012 02:55 PM
PetronilaMandeno
Occasional Contributor II
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question. Am I missing something in regards to Digital Globe's RPC file which is actually an RPB file? How do I get ArcMap to recognize the RPB file so that I can ortho-rectify the images?

I looked in the help pages, but all it mentions is:

Images from DigitalGlobe store RPC information in a <file name>.rpb file, and GeoEye offers images with RPC information stored in a <file name>_rpc.txt file. ArcGIS automatically reads RPC information in the associated text file (if it can be found next to the image file) and can apply the RPC transformation (image correction) on the fly when displaying it in ArcMap. This oriented image can also be orthorectified on the fly in ArcMap by applying elevation information. You can use a DEM to perform orthorectification or use an average elevation if no DEM is available for the same area.

I also searched for RPB on this forum and didn't come up with anything useful (to me).

I have ortho-rectified images from GeoEye along with their RPC files. That worked like a charm, but I can't get ArcMap to recognize that the RPB file is there for the Digital Globe images. Am I just being clueless to something obvious?

I'm using ArcMap 10.0 Service Pack 2 on Windows 7. I have 12 images with one RPB file.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! 🙂
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoabelBarbieri
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question. Am I missing something in regards to Digital Globe's RPC file which is actually an RPB file? How do I get ArcMap to recognize the RPB file so that I can ortho-rectify the images?

I looked in the help pages, but all it mentions is:

I also searched for RPB on this forum and didn't come up with anything useful (to me).

I have ortho-rectified images from GeoEye along with their RPC files. That worked like a charm, but I can't get ArcMap to recognize that the RPB file is there for the Digital Globe images. Am I just being clueless to something obvious?

I'm using ArcMap 10.0 Service Pack 2 on Windows 7. I have 12 images with one RPB file.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! 🙂

The same doubt here ...anyone?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi joabelb

Were you able to solve this issue?
0 Kudos
PetronilaMandeno
To Joabelb and Pattersonc,

It appears that with the current version of ArcMap that I have, it is not possible to process the RPC file. I eventually had an image processing vender do it for me.
0 Kudos
MatthewWalls
New Contributor II

I can't find a solution to this either. ArcGIS pro now in 2019.... can't seem to have it read RPB.

0 Kudos