Select to view content in your preferred language

Deleting and populating a table using attribute rules / triggered on insert to another table

06-12-2023 06:17 AM
KIVANC
by
New Contributor II

Hi 

I have a survey record table where users input each conducted survey for a given area. This table has survey_area, (area code) date_start (date of survey), and frequency (surveying freq. in days) attributes. I would like to create a separate "survey planning" table to show upcoming surveys based on the latest survey and the frequency of each area. When a survey is done, planning table should show upcoming surveys for the next 2 years. Whenever the same area is surveyed next, the table should update all the dates based on the latest survey date. That's because a survey could be late or early and planning table should always show an up to date plan.

My logic is to create an attribute rule triggered after each insert to first check the planning table, delete all entries with the same survey_area attribute and create new ones from the latest entry based on the new survey date. 

With a basic understanding of arcade, I can get the data, filter etc but I don't know how to delete and populate the planning table. Could you please help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

you can look into an arcpy python script or arcgis pro add-ins for further customization. 

ArcGIS Developers

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos