Delete user on arcgis server which is oracle

11-26-2014 02:30 AM
GorkemKaradogan
New Contributor

Hi,

I hava a problem, when we delete users, we get error.

You can see my code and error whic is given oracle.

Is there any solution about this problem?

drop user sdedata cascade;

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive sql level 1

ORA-21700: object does not exist or is marked for delete oracle

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It is unwise to drop users before their tables have been gracefully removed from the geodatabase metadata catalogs.  Best practice is to remove geodatabase-registered feature classes using ArcObjects/Python, and to remove SDE-registered tables/views using ArcObjects/Python or 'sdetable -o delete'.  If you have corrupted your metadata, it is unlikely you will be able to upgrade the geodatabase before obtaining assistance from Tech Support.

The only time DROP USER ... CASCADE is really appropriate is when you're planning to drop the SDE user as well, but if this is the case, DO NOT DROP 'SDE' BEFORE ALL TABLES WITH SDE.ST_GEOMETRY and SDE.ST_RASTER COLUMNS!  Doing so will corrupt your Oracle instance in a way that can only be "repaired" by dropping the entire database instance.

- V

0 Kudos
GorkemKaradogan
New Contributor

so what can i do ? i droped 'SDE' before all tables with SRD.ST_GEOMETRY and SDE.ST_RASTER columns.ı search all table these coloums result is empty but i have some object like these columns

0 Kudos
SuleymanARSLAN
New Contributor III

Same things happened to me some times ago. There is no solution. Only way you can restore whole database instance from backup or create new instance.

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, it's time for backups, or since you were doing bulk drops anyway, database creation and data instantiation script execution.

0 Kudos