delete duplicate line features?

08-15-2017 12:04 AM
AYGÜNALBAYRAK
New Contributor

I want to clean my data which is occured from line features. I try to get one line feature among other intersecting line features.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ways to Identify duplicates and delete duplicates exist as tools in Arctoolbox for attributes and if the shape field is being compared, the geometries.  There is some tolerance, but 'generally close' isn't really supported

Find Identical and Delete Identical but you need an Advanced license

AYGÜNALBAYRAK
New Contributor

thanks for your help but I have too many partial data. Is there any other method which facilitate my processes?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

by partial, do you mean that pieces of a polyline overlap but not the whole pair?

Haven't had the need to use the Finding Duplicate Geometry in the Data Reviewer if you have it

0 Kudos
AYGÜNALBAYRAK
New Contributor

I have ArcGIS 10.4. I attach the gdb. I try to delete layers which overlap each other and delete others until getting one feature. The features are partial. 

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had a chance to look at the data, but can you clarify "delete layers which overlap each other?"  If you have two layers that overlap each other, do you want both to be deleted or just one?  If just one, which one?  How do you determine which is the correct overlapping layer to delete and which to leave?

0 Kudos
AYGÜNALBAYRAK
New Contributor

I have a data which created in irregular way so there is so many data which overlapped or intersected with each other. It is important that which data I deleted.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

If the duplicates lines are in one layer, use Dissolve—Help | ArcGIS Desktop  tool. then explode ( advanced editing toolbar ) them again or use Multipart To Singlepart—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

AYGÜNALBAYRAK
New Contributor

Thanks for your help. I am trying to use your method now. 

0 Kudos
AYGÜNALBAYRAK
New Contributor

I tried the solution and it works  The only thing that I should do is allocating different layers from each other and applying this method for each of them severally. 

0 Kudos