Dataset Change Detection & Sync

11-17-2013 08:19 PM
User35489
Occasional Contributor III
Good Day Gurus,

We have a geodatabase A and B, we copied all the data of A to B few months ago. In other words A and B were similar few months ago. But, since then some datasets in A has been updated by users where as B remained same with no changes.
Now my question is, i want to implement all changes made in some datasets from A to B, what is the best option to do so ?

Thanks for you inputs
With Regards
-AS
0 Kudos
6 Replies
EmadAl-Mousa
Replication/Synchronization process.
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
Replication/Synchronization process.

For some more detail, see these Help topics:
Understanding distributed data
Replicas and geodatabases
0 Kudos
User35489
For some more detail, see these Help topics:
Understanding distributed data
Replicas and geodatabases

Hi,
Thanks all for your reply,
Actually i have gone through these things, but as my data is non-versioned and doesnot have global id's i am looking for an alternate solution. Is there any alternative which could let me acheive this task Guys?

-AS
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Sure, there's an alternative, but it involves serious work.  For each table you'd need to
compile an MD5SUM (or other perfect hash function) across all the columns for each
row in both database instances.  Then you'd need to build views to identify rows in
one instance but not the other, and vice versa, plus one for all the rows with changed
values. It took me four months to build a system to implement this with *one* table.

All in all, copying the entire database over again is a lot easier.

- V
0 Kudos
EmadAl-Mousa
there is an oracle product called "Oracle GoldenGate". I personally did not use it before . the repliation using this product is from DBMS level so i am not sure if geodatabase replication will be consistent.
0 Kudos
User35489
I think i need to remove and export the datasets, its more reliable and easier.

Thanks
-AS
0 Kudos