Data Analytics using ArcGIS and OSIsoft's PI

09-24-2015 11:15 AM
VincentWitzel
New Contributor

Hi,

We have an installation of ArcGIS for Server and the PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS in a development environment and are trying to better understand the analytical capabilities that can be performed on PI data within ArcMap and the Operations Dashboard. We are successfully displaying assets from our OSIsoft AF server within both applications. Additionally, we've been able to use color coding of objects within ArcMap based on their underlying data and have used Summary widgets within the Operations Dashboard to display summary values either for all assets shown on the map or for selected assets. However, we would like to take this one step further and perform basic analyses (mins, maxes, counts, averages, sums, etc.) on selected objects, say, using a lasso tool. We saw a video on the topic (see below) and would like to learn how to do this. Is the software shown in the video ArcGIS Online? If so, how does this distinguish itself from the functions of ArcMap and the Operations Dashboard?

Mapping Real Time data with the OSIsoft/PI-ArcGIS fusion - YouTube

Appreciate any insights you could share

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanLopez
New Contributor

Hello!  I'm an OSIsoft engineer who's actually worked on building a lot of examples with Operations dashboard--I'd be glad to help.  I'm afraid that the example that you're seeing here is actually a much-outdated video of our Esri integration--this shows, specifically, a custom example that was created via custom code.  It actually doesn't represent the final version or features of our integration--what you see in the video isn't a released product, rather a custom solution that shows how data from the PI System can be visualized in ArcGIS.  I'm glad to hear that you're familiar with Operations Dashboard, because that's certainly how we would recommend setting up a dashboard that allows lasso calculations, for example.  We have an updated YouTube playlist that shows the current version of the Integrator here:

OSIsoft and Esri: Bringing Space & Time Together - YouTube

And specifically, you can see an example of such area-select summary calculations, using Esri's Operations Dashboard, at this specific timestamp:

https://youtu.be/DuELBTFDYcM?list=PL40vX05wOAcCHPZpCMc-Diwn85L2ciz29&t=173

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos