Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a Raster Surface and updating this

03-28-2013 11:05 PM
DilipWagh
Emerging Contributor
All,

I am trying to use some of the functionality of the PSCOP which allows download of dynamic weather data, this works really well, and updates every 15 mins via a python script, I am then trying to use this data to build a raster surface (Temperature) in an SDE database, which also works (Model Maker which I will convert to a python script later), the issue is, it will not overwrite the raster, but appends a sequential number and creates further raster�??s. I need it to overwrite as I want to serve the raster in ArcGIS Server, just can�??t seem to find the solution, and don�??t want to over complicate this by then creating a vector, but may have to do that, Any ideas and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
Maybe you could delete any existing rasters in that workspace first?

## you need to set the worspace first!
## for each Raster in the workspace, delete it
rasters = arcpy.ListRasters()
for r in rasters:
    arcpy.Delete_management(r)

0 Kudos
DilipWagh
Emerging Contributor
Maybe you could delete any existing rasters in that workspace first?

## you need to set the worspace first!
## for each Raster in the workspace, delete it
rasters = arcpy.ListRasters()
for r in rasters:
    arcpy.Delete_management(r)

Thanks James, but would this work if the file is being served in ArcGIS Server at the same time
0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
Thanks James, but would this work if the file is being served in ArcGIS Server at the same time

I'm not completely certain of the answer.  I suppose if you are creating and publishing a mapservice from an .mxd with the raster loaded, then I'd take a guess you would need to re-publish.  I think at 10.1, the REST cache is automatically refreshed when a service/folder is updated.

So... hope that I helps but I think you will likely have to just work through this one.

j
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
All,

I am trying to use some of the functionality of the PSCOP which allows download of dynamic weather data, this works really well, and updates every 15 mins via a python script, I am then trying to use this data to build a raster surface (Temperature) in an SDE database, which also works (Model Maker which I will convert to a python script later), the issue is, it will not overwrite the raster, but appends a sequential number and creates further raster�??s. I need it to overwrite as I want to serve the raster in ArcGIS Server, just can�??t seem to find the solution, and don�??t want to over complicate this by then creating a vector, but may have to do that, Any ideas and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

What is the workflow you are using to create the raster surface in your SDE geodatabase?
0 Kudos