Create replica: geoprocessing tool and distributed deodatabase tool bar,

12-09-2013 11:24 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Create replica: geoprocessing tool and distributed deodatabase tool bar,

Creating replica can be performed from geoprocessing tools or from the distributed deodatabase too bar.

In most cases, the �??create replica�?� from geoprocessing tools fails while WITH SIMILAR CONDITIONS it succeeds from the �??distributed deodatabase too bar�?�.

What is annoying in the create replica of the �??distributed deodatabase too bar�?� is that all feature classes are required to be added to the table of contents to create a replica for them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29693[/ATTACH]

In return, in the case of the geoprocessing tool, layers are dragged and dropped to the �??create replica�?� tool which is much faster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29694[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]29695[/ATTACH]

Then why the �??create replica�?� doesn�??t work sometimes while with same environment the �??create replica�?� of the �??distributed deodatabase too bar�?� does?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
What is annoying in the create replica of the �??distributed deodatabase too bar�?� is that all feature classes are required to be added to the table of contents to create a replica for them.

I couldn't agree with you more, which is why I keep a saved map document handy in cases where I need to re-create a replica with the same data from time to time. 

In terms of why the GP tool might be experiencing failures compared to the toolbar in ArcMap completing successfully, that might be a bit difficult to uncover.  Are you running the GP tool as part of a model or independently?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

I couldn't agree with you more, which is why I keep a saved map document handy in cases where I need to re-create a replica with the same data from time to time. 

In terms of why the GP tool might be experiencing failures compared to the toolbar in ArcMap completing successfully, that might be a bit difficult to uncover.  Are you running the GP tool as part of a model or independently?

Thanks William,

1. If I go for the option of saving all the layers\tables of the enterprise geodatabase in mxd file to be able to create replica directly from the �??distributed geodatabse tool bar�?�, then this mxd file must be regularly updated in terms of including all the new layers added to the enterprise geodatabase. This is another headache.

2. The �??create replica�?� geoprocessing tool fails in its own even when it is not embedded in a model.
0 Kudos