Create Replica from Feature Service

Jump to solution
06-02-2017 07:28 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

i have a feature service (point feature class and a few related tables) in AGOL can i create a local replica from it, i basically want to play with the data locally and then update a few things and sync any updates back to AGOL

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You can take a look at this tool to download the service:

Download ArcGIS Online Feature Service or ArcGIS Server Feature/Map Service 

Also, take a look at these blogs on how to overwrite a service.  One way uses python 2.x, and the other uses the new ArcGIS Python API (which uses python 3.x):

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/01/24/updating-your-hosted-feature-service-for-10-2/ 

Updating your hosted feature services with ArcGIS Pro and the ArcGIS API for Python | ArcGIS Blog 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Stuart,

You can connect to ArcGIS Online from ArcMap and add the hosted feature service from Catalog window > My Hosted Service.  Next you can create a local copy for editing:

Making a local copy of a feature service for editing—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

StuartMoore

Hi Jake,

thanks for the quick reply i tried that but i get an error, saying it "can't create a local copy" ideally i am looking for a way to do it via python so i can get it to process the data overnight without any intervention

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

You can take a look at this tool to download the service:

Download ArcGIS Online Feature Service or ArcGIS Server Feature/Map Service 

Also, take a look at these blogs on how to overwrite a service.  One way uses python 2.x, and the other uses the new ArcGIS Python API (which uses python 3.x):

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/01/24/updating-your-hosted-feature-service-for-10-2/ 

Updating your hosted feature services with ArcGIS Pro and the ArcGIS API for Python | ArcGIS Blog 

StuartMoore

Thanks Jake i've had a quick read of the links and they look like they will work, i'll have a play over the next day or so

0 Kudos