Create Replica Failed - Error 504

Jump to solution
12-11-2020 05:00 AM
Labels (2)
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Using ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1

We are trying to create a replica of a geodata service from an external client. They have provided their GIS Server URL and credentials. I can connect to the GIS Server in ArcCatalog and see a Geodata and Map service.

I've opened ArcMap and can bring in the Map Service and see the data. Using the distributed geodatabase toolbar in ArcMap, I've ran through the Create Replica wizard. I am pointing the data to an SDE database on our SQL Server 17. 

I'm getting this error at exactly 60 seconds after running through the wizard:

TigerWoulds_0-1607691508419.png

The 504 error makes me think it's something on their end. I had them increase the timeout rate on the geodata service to 6000 seconds. Any other ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tigerwoulds

It ended up being a proxy server issue on their end. They needed to do some magic to bypass the proxy server. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That's kind of a funky error by mentioning a proxy.  You might be better off getting a hold of ESRI Tech Support for this one.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
tigerwoulds

Agreed. Thanks will do!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I discovered a Technical Support article that might address this issue.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
tigerwoulds

Thanks! Unfortunately came across that one already and had them increase the timeout from 60 seconds to 6000. It still times out at 60 seconds exactly. Weird...

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

As strange as this sounds, I found something on the internals similar to your question here where disabling the background geoprocessing option in ArcMap fixed another customer's issue with the error message.  Worth a try!

0 Kudos
tigerwoulds

It ended up being a proxy server issue on their end. They needed to do some magic to bypass the proxy server. 

0 Kudos