Create Enterprise Geodatabase failure: Failed to setup st_geometry type.Failed to create the ST_Geometry metadata tables during install.

03-05-2015 08:02 AM
BrunoMendes
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to create an Enterprise Geodatabse in Oracle 11g hosted in an Exadata environment.

The message printed by the tool is: Failed to setup st_geometry type.Failed to create the ST_Geometry metadata tables during install.

The log generated is attached as sde_setup.log.

I've already checked the knowledgebade and based on this article I've run two sql queries:

1. SELECT OWNER, NAME, TYPE FROM DBA_DEPENDENCIES WHERE REFERENCED_NAME  = 'ST_GEOMETRY' AND REFERENCED_TYPE  = 'TYPE' AND TYPE = 'TABLE';
  2. SELECT OWNER, TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM DBA_TAB_COLUMNS WHERE DATA_TYPE = 'ST_GEOMETRY'.

Both of them returns nothing.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MagalyC_
Occasional Contributor

Hi !

Have you found the solution ? I have the same problem.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

As per article, query is as per below:

SELECT OWNER, NAME, TYPE FROM DBA_DEPENDENCIES WHERE REFERENCED_OWNER='MDSYS' AND REFERENCED_NA

ME = 'ST_GEOMETRY' AND REFERENCED_TYPE = 'TYPE' AND TYPE='TABLE';

Please run the above query as it is using "sys" login. This may help.

Thanks,

Biraja

0 Kudos
MagalyC_
Occasional Contributor

Hi, this query returns nothing.

With this query :

SELECT OWNER, NAME, TYPE, REFERENCED_NAME, REFERENCED_TYPE FROM DBA_DEPENDENCIES WHERE REFERENCED_NAME = 'ST_GEOMETRY';

I have this result (see attachement)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

Please run the below query and let us know your result:

SELECT OWNER, NAME, TYPE FROM DBA_DEPENDENCIES WHERE REFERENCED_NAME  = 'ST_GEOMETRY' AND REFERENCED_TYPE  = 'TYPE' AND TYPE = 'TABLE';

0 Kudos
MagalyC_
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

This query return nothing.

0 Kudos
zhenzhang1
New Contributor

I have the same problem,how to solve it? 

thanks

0 Kudos