Create Address Locator 'US Address - Single House' based on a single address field

03-20-2014 08:29 AM
NealBanerjee
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I must be missing something. 

I have a buildings layer with address (house number, street name, street type, etc.) all in one field named "Address".  City and zip are in separate fields.  I am trying to create a Address locator using 'US Address - Single House', but when I do so it seems to want to have the address separated in multiple fields (e.g. House Number, Street Name, etc.).  I dont want to try to parse my data out.  I tried specifying the single 'Address' field for all these related fields, but that does not seem to work.

How do I create an Address Locator based on a single 'Address' field?

Thanks
Neal
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Hello,

I must be missing something. 

I have a buildings layer with address (house number, street name, street type, etc.) all in one field named "Address".  City and zip are in separate fields.  I am trying to create a Address locator using 'US Address - Single House', but when I do so it seems to want to have the address separated in multiple fields (e.g. House Number, Street Name, etc.).  I dont want to try to parse my data out.  I tried specifying the single 'Address' field for all these related fields, but that does not seem to work.

How do I create an Address Locator based on a single 'Address' field?

Thanks
Neal

I think you'll want to use the "General -  Single Field" type of locator.  It asks for a single Keyfield and you can store your address there or the building name.
That should just about do it....
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
You can try to use the Standardize addresses tool to split your address data into multiple fields.

Brad
0 Kudos