What address type is returned for ???GeocodeAddresses????

03-25-2014 01:50 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: russ.nesbitt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32505[/ATTACH]What address type is returned for �??GeocodeAddresses�?�?  I know when we use the �??FindAddressCandidates�?�, we receive an array of candidates from which we can choose which one to use.  Normally we use the first one in the array.  This may not have the highest score, but it will be the closest match based upon the address type.    Since �??GeocodeAddresses�?� only returns one result, we do not have a choice of what address type to use.  It seems like it is not returning the best candidate, but maybe its returning the highest score?  Is there an option to have the �??GeocodeAddresses�?� return the best candidate based upon the address type and NOT the score?  Basically we want only "PointAddress" or "StreetAddress", if it is anything else we consider it a bad address.

... added more information ...

After looking into this a little more.  I noticed it is NOT returning the highest score, just something entirely different.  I attached two screen shots, the first one is the results from using the service "�??FindAddressCandidates�?�, the second one is from using the service GeocodeAddresses�?�.  Does anyone know why the "GeocodeAddresses�?� service is NOT returning the correct information?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
What locator are you using?  Is this something you built with a specific version of ArcGIS or are you using the Online Service?

Brad
0 Kudos