Copying a blank schema to GDB

Jump to solution
05-09-2014 06:00 AM
RobertMabe
New Contributor
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to copy my existing schema and paste it into a geodatabase. I want to copy just the blank schema with all the domains but without any of the features. Is there a geo processing tool to do this. I am trying to share my data model with an other department for them to see how we have it set up and experiment with, but I do not want to give them all the features attached to it. Other than deleting all the features by hand using the delete features tool.

Thanks for any input
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JacobBoyle
Occasional Contributor III
you can create an XML document with just the schema from ArcCatalog, Right Click on your Database, select Export, select XML document.

One the dialog box, select Schema only.  This will create an XML schema document that can be loaded into an empty GDB / SDE using the import options in the new GDB.

hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertMabe
New Contributor
to add

The schema is coming from an SDE and going into a GDB if that matters
0 Kudos
JacobBoyle
Occasional Contributor III
you can create an XML document with just the schema from ArcCatalog, Right Click on your Database, select Export, select XML document.

One the dialog box, select Schema only.  This will create an XML schema document that can be loaded into an empty GDB / SDE using the import options in the new GDB.

hope this helps!
RobertMabe
New Contributor
Thank you, this is exactly what I needed.
0 Kudos
RobertMabe
New Contributor
I was wrong. Thanks again, it worked perfect for me
0 Kudos