Converting Multiple Raster Files to Polygon

09-08-2011 01:24 PM
SaraErickson
New Contributor
Hi,

This is probably pretty simple to do, but I'm new to this process! I was wondering how you convert multiple raster files to polygons! I am able to process one at a time using "raster to polygon" under conversion tools in arctoolbox, but I have hundreds of files to do this to! Any help is appreciated!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
EricRice
Esri Regular Contributor
Greetings,

You can make a model in model builder using Raster to Polygon and the Iterate Raster tool.

If you are uncomfortable with model builder, you can always right click on any geoprocessing tool and select 'Batch' to run the tool in batch mode.  This may help get you started.

A quick tour of batch processing

Best Regards,
Eric
0 Kudos
SaraErickson
New Contributor
Thank you!!
0 Kudos
FlorianRenner
New Contributor
Hi,

I have the same issue with a set of more than 200 raster features stored in a GDB. I already created a model with an iterator but when I start it I get the message:

Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000864: Input raster: The input is not within the defined domain.

ERROR 000367: Invalid GP data type
ERROR 000864: Field: The input is not within the defined domain.

ERROR 000889: Invalid field type.
Failed to execute (Raster to Polygon).
Failed at Tue Nov 05 14:40:11 2013 (Elapsed Time: 0,00 seconds)
Failed to execute (Model12).
Failed at Tue Nov 05 14:40:11 2013 (Elapsed Time: 3,00 seconds)

Any idea what I have done wrong?

Regards,

FR
0 Kudos
EricRice
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Florian,

I suspect your raster data is 32 bit floating point.  I get the same message if I put floating point raster data into Raster to Polygon.  The tool only takes integer raster data as input.

Best,
Eric
0 Kudos
FlorianRenner
New Contributor
Hi Eric,

thanks for your response.

Yes, I realized in the meantime that some of the rasters within the folder contained floating point numbers. I modified the model by inserting an INT task so I was able to run it successfully.

Best Regards,

Florian
0 Kudos