Can not edit service In ArcGIS.com

02-27-2013 07:20 AM
LidaIvakina
New Contributor
Hi,help me, please!
I add service with "advanced feature" in ArcGIS.com and have to edit him. In ArcGIS.com  leave a message that the layers are in the internal network and editing will be disabled. What you need to do to edit work?

Arcgis Server 10.0

Sorry for bad English
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
I believe you are encountering a bug:

[#NIM084962  The ArcGIS.com map viewer does not allow editing of ArcGIS  Server feature services from an internal network when using Internet  Explorer.  ] 

The workaround is to edit through Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
0 Kudos
LidaIvakina
New Contributor
I believe you are encountering a bug:

[#NIM084962  The ArcGIS.com map viewer does not allow editing of ArcGIS  Server feature services from an internal network when using Internet  Explorer.  ] 

The workaround is to edit through Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Error message is displayed when editing the through Chrome.
0 Kudos
BrandonKeinath1
Occasional Contributor III

I too am getting this error message when using Chrome.  Any updates on this issue or workarounds?

0 Kudos
TimMarquardt1
New Contributor III

Download the Firefox web browser and it should allow you to edit. You should also be able to edit using Collector or the old ArcGIS (green) app.  I had the same issue at my previous employer.  The security settings in IE (and possibly Chrome) were to blame.  I had editable feature services on our internal Arc Server that I brought into my AGOL web map and got the same error.  The other option is to publish as a hosted feature service on AGOL.

BrandonKeinath1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Tim,

Which version of firefox works for you?  Do you know which security settings are to blame?

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
TimMarquardt1
New Contributor III

Brandon-

Not sure of the version, but this was last year - mid 2014.  There were some proxy settings that our IT dept. had set that I could not change, but I never got the specifics.  Sorry I can't be more help.

Tim

0 Kudos