Can no longer edit layers

03-31-2016 03:05 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been editing great, and then all of sudden I get an error when I attempt to edit my geodatabase layers: "Check to see that you have the appropriate permissions."  I have no idea what happened in the span of a few hours.  I can edit layers that are not in the database.  I'm running 10.2.  Any help is appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

moved to Managing Data​  ....Community Help ... is about help on the GeoNet Community

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Strange.. Are you in a shared environment?  Did you try something simple... like rebooting the computer?

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

Some questions to help narrow down the issue:

• Are you using an Enterprise Geodatabase (ArcSDE)?  Or a File or Personal Geodatabase?
  • Are you on a Network?
  • Any chance anyone else accessed the geodatabase while you were working with it?

Also, there is always the "tried and true" close all files and reboot the computer method to see if that clears things up.  Sometimes that works (though I don't know why).

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on a network using a File Geodatabase. However, I rebooted the computer and fixed the issue. I have no idea how, but it did.

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

You may also want to check the spatial reference of your dataframe to make sure it's the same as the data you are trying to edit

0 Kudos