Select to view content in your preferred language

CAD Annotation changes color, when converting to geodatabase

01-10-2013 01:02 AM
LarsElmkær_Hansen
New Contributor
Hi,

I have a problem with my CAD annotations. When I add multiple annotations to ArcMap and use the "convert to geodatabase annotation" application, some will be displayed in all black colors and others will be displayed in the colors selected when creating the annotations. Does anyone have a solution to how I can change the colors back or why it even happens at all?!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KarenHodge
Esri Contributor
This is probably a question better suited to technical support.  You might want to attach CAD drawing that shows the issue.

I'm only guessing that during the conversion, a suitable color match can't be found for the symbol and it is defaulting to black.  The symbol matching between CAD and ArcMap is pretty complicated and isn't perfect.

Once you convert the CAD text to geodatabase annotation, you can change the symbols as you need.  You may be able to use the properties/attributes to determine something about the original color.

--Karen

Hi,

I have a problem with my CAD annotations. When I add multiple annotations to ArcMap and use the "convert to geodatabase annotation" application, some will be displayed in all black colors and others will be displayed in the colors selected when creating the annotations. Does anyone have a solution to how I can change the colors back or why it even happens at all?!
0 Kudos