Attribute table blank in editor!

07-17-2013 01:24 PM
StevenAalbers
New Contributor II
After exhausting my ideas I need advice.  I am using ArcInfo 10.1 (with a concurrent license over a network).  I add a shapefile to my project which needs some attribute editing.  I start the Editor and open the Attributes window.  But the window is blank except for two box lines.  I have tried the same method on two other machines (both with stand alone licenses) with the same results.  I uninstalled and reinstalled ArcGIS 10.1 but the results remain the same. I have tried the attributes editor from both a shapefile and and a geodatabase feature class; same results. I am baffled.  Any else experiencing this?   I have attached an example. Help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ScottMoyer
Occasional Contributor
Steven,
If I'm reading your post correctly, you are describing normal ArcMap behaviour. Attributes will appear when you select a point or other shape. Did you want to 'Open Attibute Table' by right clicking on the layer in the table of contents to see all records?
Scott
0 Kudos
AngelynSnyder
New Contributor III
I don't understand what you are describing either, and your image isn't preview-enabled. Can you give some more information or another screen shot?
0 Kudos
StevenAalbers
New Contributor II
Thanks for the responses.  It must be my antiquated machine being fussy.  Today it started working again...
0 Kudos
TimBarnes
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for the responses.  It must be my antiquated machine being fussy.  Today it started working again...

To avoid similar issues in the future, it might be good to just confirm GeoManScotts question- Showing the attributes when in edit mode only presents selected features (i.e. those you are currently wanting to edit).

Viewing attributes of a featureclass overall is done via the attribute table.
0 Kudos