Attribute column not found error

03-14-2011 11:28 AM
DeeptiVB
New Contributor II
While using "Make Query Table" tool on an ArcSDE feature class(versioned) and an attribute view, the functions fails to execute saying "Attribute column not found". The multi-part identifier SDE featureclass.columnname could not be bound.

What I am trying to do is a join between the feature class and table on A.x = B.y
A= SDE feature class
B = attribute view
x & y are text fields, 20 character long. The error says column x in feature class A cannot be found.

If I try the same join from SQL server backend on the same feature class and view it works perfectly.

Any idea what is happening on the arc client?

Thanks in advance,

-Deepti
0 Kudos
11 Replies
CherylCleghorn
Esri Contributor
deeptivb

Can you specify your sde configuration including database version info? Are you seeing the column x when you look at the properties of the feature class in ArcCatalog? Does column x also exist on the A table for that feature class?

Thanks
Cheryl
0 Kudos
BrentEstrem
New Contributor III
Was there any resolution to this problem?  I'm doing the same thing and experiencing the same error message.
0 Kudos
JamesSimard1
New Contributor III
I am alos having the same problem. Anyone?

While using "Make Query Table" tool on an ArcSDE feature class(versioned) and an attribute view, the functions fails to execute saying "Attribute column not found". The multi-part identifier SDE featureclass.columnname could not be bound.

What I am trying to do is a join between the feature class and table on A.x = B.y
A= SDE feature class
B = attribute view
x & y are text fields, 20 character long. The error says column x in feature class A cannot be found.

If I try the same join from SQL server backend on the same feature class and view it works perfectly.

Any idea what is happening on the arc client?

Thanks in advance,

-Deepti
0 Kudos
KeithAnderson
New Contributor III

Same issue.

In this case I could not join a SQL Server view to a Featureclass in the Map Document.

I had to delete the SQL View from within ArcCatalog rather than a drop and create from within SSMS.

0 Kudos
EthanGranger
New Contributor
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using 10.1 with postgresql 9.1.3 database.  I'm porting a script from 9.3.1 that worked perfectly, but won't work in 10.1. Anyone get this sorted?
0 Kudos
ChrisWells
New Contributor II
Same issue.  Running 10.1 against SQL Server Express 2012 DB.
0 Kudos
ChrisWells
New Contributor II
Put single quotes around the column names. So instead of A.x = B.y it's 'A.x' = 'B.y'.  That worked for on SQL Server Express and a FGDB.
JoaoFerra
New Contributor
Hi

I have the same trouble. I'm using arcgis 10.1 with sql server 2008 server.
I tried with quotes and the same message "attribute column not found".

My sql command works fine in the sqlserver, but not working in arcgis.

Any solution?

Thanks
joao
0 Kudos
LindsyHales_Bentley
New Contributor III

I am having the same error.  If anyone found resolution to this I'd love to hear it.

0 Kudos