ArcMap10.3

02-20-2017 05:42 PM
RichardJack-james
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have ArcMap 10.3 installed, every time I try to add data from SQL database, ArcMap crashes. I tried to delete the data from the database and reimport them and add and still have the problems it doesnt want to add the data.

I would appreciate any info and help.

Ricky

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

just this database? or all?

0 Kudos
RichardJack-james
New Contributor II

Just this specific database, I have deleted and created a new database and still not loading

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

So if it is just that database and a new one created from the data, then that points to something in your data, assuming you have met Jayanta's version issues

0 Kudos
RichardJack-james
New Contributor II

I have done his part where I installed the patch and Stuttgart nothing. I'm not sure if my instance is corrupted or the data is faulty. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the version (with service pack) of SQL Server?

Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.3.x—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Think Location
RichardJack-james
New Contributor II

I have updated to the latest version on SQL server.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If by latest you mean SQL 2016, per  Jayanta's link, that is not supported for 10.3.

Try creating a FGDB, copying the data their and connecting.  If that works, the data may be ok, but maybe you don't have the proper permissions to the SQL server/database.  But you may also want to Check Geometry—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop in the SQL feature class to make sure it all good, and repair it is necessary.

If it is just the one Desktop machine, also try https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2121?sr=search&searchId=6ee673d1-b291-4d82-bb96-01fbc906f67d&sea...‌  That sometimes clears up many strange behavior with Desktop.

0 Kudos
RichardJack-james
New Contributor II

I'm using sql 2008 enterprise edition with arcmap 10.3. 

I have deleted the normal.mxt and still nothing. I'm wondering if it's and install issue? Do you recommend uninstalling and reinstalling?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I wouldn't reinstall anything until you find out if something is wrong with your data.  Can you load it somewhere else? or share with esri tech support?

0 Kudos