ArcMap 10.3.1 crashes trying to add control points in Georeferencing toolbar

Jump to solution
12-22-2015 08:01 AM
Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III

Recently upgraded to 10.3.1 and have found an apparent issue...

trying to add control points for CAD files (dxf/dwg) in Georeferencing toolbar crashes the application!!!!  Do not happen with other file formats like tiff. 

After checking with a collegue from another company, he confirmed the problem also happened to him.  This is a huge drawback for us because of our current workflow.  Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Ulises Feliciano Troche
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ulises,

This issue seems to have been logged as a bug:

BUG-000087990

In addition, it should be addressed with the following patch:

ArcGIS for 10.3.1 for Desktop Georeferencing CAD data Patch | Samples and Utilities

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ulises,

This issue seems to have been logged as a bug:

BUG-000087990

In addition, it should be addressed with the following patch:

ArcGIS for 10.3.1 for Desktop Georeferencing CAD data Patch | Samples and Utilities

Ulises
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the information Christian...

Ulises Feliciano Troche
0 Kudos
EllenSaxon
New Contributor III

I have been having this issue with 10.7.1. Not all dwgs cause the crash though.

It doesn't look like this bug is addressed in 10.8, is a patch available for 10.7.1?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Ellen Saxon‌ I'm sorry to hear that you're running into a crash.  

I looked into this and it looks like you have submitted at least one error report - thank you for submitting that.

From what I can tell, while we do see that the crash occurs in 10.7.1, I'm not seeing any reports of it in 10.8.  That doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't occur in 10.8, it could be that nobody has done the same thing with the same data (you've noted it doesn't occur with all dwgs...) in 10.8.  Anyway, upgrading could be worth a shot if possible.

Are you able to send the dwg that causes the crash?  Along with steps to reproduce it? That way we can have the development team take a closer look to better understand what it causing the failure.  Please email to kkramer@esri.com

Thank you!