ArcGIS Schematics: Move overlapping containers

04-10-2017 07:47 AM
AlexanderKlausegger
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the extension "ArcGIS Schematics" and the configuration of the schematic dataset.

I have built schematic diagrams from a geometric network and used spatial query rules to build containers around the schematic features. These containers are overlapping in most cases in the generated diagrams.

I would like to automatically generate diagrams where these containers are not overlapping. Would you know a method/an algorithm in the schematic dataset editor to automatically generate diagrams, where containers do not overlap, or would you know a method to at least move these containers, that they are separated in the resulting diagram?

Of course, I could move these containers manually starting a schematic edit session, but I am looking for an automated way to move/separate the containers using the schematic dataset editor.

The result should look like the diagrams explained here, where the containers are separated: http://desktop.arcgis.com/de/arcmap/latest/extensions/schematics/geo-compression-schematic-layout-al...

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexanderKlausegger
New Contributor II

any input?

0 Kudos