ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap Editing Latency Issues

02-11-2019 06:48 AM
TavisThomson
New Contributor

I'm having an issue where I am not able to see edits made in the same database connection (SDE, same version) between ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap. I have noticed that if I make a change in Pro, I have to start an edit session to see the changes made in ArcMap, which I guess works as an almost refresh type of button? 

The main issue though is I can't figure out how to do the same sort of "refresh" going from a change made in ArcMap to Pro. As I know that Pro allows live editing and also runs 64 bit database clients where ArcMap only supports 32, I am wondering if that is causing an issue. I have tried using the caching setting to see if this changes anything, but that has not worked so far. Any help would be awesome, with multiple editors and different audiences that view the data, this could really start affecting workflows and cause confusion.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tavis,

You can refresh the version to see any changes.

In ArcMap this is on the versioning toolbar.

In Pro its on the versioning tab when the data source view is active or the data store context menu.

0 Kudos
TavisThomson
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Sean, using this method worked to refresh the data in Pro to have it show up. Will this have to be the way to refresh every time between the two applications with multiple people editing?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tavis,

Yes this is the recommended way to refresh the version data in Pro if multiple people are editing the same version in the same area. Reconcile will also refresh the version but you'll probably want to manually refresh before reconcile to check the data.

Version refresh isnt tied to the map refresh for performance reasons.

0 Kudos