Address Locator Error Message

02-06-2014 07:33 AM
GuyKouwoaye
New Contributor
I was trying to geocode an excel table in which I have Zip code and Address as some of its attributes. I chose " US Streets Geocode Service Online(ArcGIS Online) Locator and got this error message: " The address locator is damaged. Resource is not available, regardless of authorization".
Can you tell me what I have to do to fix this problem?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
36 Replies
PatMoore
New Contributor II
I'm getting the exact same message and it won't repair the locator when it asks if I would like to repair the locator
0 Kudos
SebastianKurtz
New Contributor
Same Problem here when I try to do a Closest Facility Analysis... Cant figure out why. 😞
Does someone has any solution?
0 Kudos
KamalGanjalikhani
New Contributor
I'm having the same problem.
0 Kudos
PatMoore
New Contributor II
There's a new default locator XML file you have to download-once you get the new file, here's what to do with it (it's an e-mail from ESRI Tech Support:
This is Kara M. with Esri Technical Support regarding incident #1240876. The reason you are experiencing this error message is that we have officially retired the tasks address locators. More information regarding the deprecation of the tasks locators can be found here:To resolve the initial issue of the error message you are receiving, please follow the steps below:

1. Close out of all ArcMap and ArcCatalog sessions.
2. Download the attachment from this email.
3. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Locators and rename the DefaultLocators.xml to DefaultLocatorsOLD.xml.
4. Copy and paste the attached file into this folder.
5. Open ArcMap and retest.

HowTo:  Add the World Geocoding Service to ArcMap for batch geocoding
http://support.esri.com/fr/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40802
0 Kudos
BryanSheasby
New Contributor
Would it be possible to attach that XML file?

I could also just edit the XML file to include the block of XML that has changed.
0 Kudos
GuyKouwoaye
New Contributor
I can't find your attachment; where is it?
0 Kudos
GuyKouwoaye
New Contributor
I can't find the attached file you said I have to copy and paste into Locators folder. Also, in the Locators�?? folder I�??m seeing only "DefaultLocators.xsd" but not "DefaultLocators.xml"
0 Kudos
JimJohnson2
New Contributor II
Is there a link to this fix yet?
0 Kudos
DonElder
New Contributor
0 Kudos