Address geocoding vs user accounts issue

06-19-2014 02:38 PM
RustyShackleford1
New Contributor
Hello all,

I have been trying to geocode a .csv table of addresses, to no avail. My work computer has ArcMap 10.0, but every time I try to geocode addresses in it I get an error message about how the address geocoder is broken (it asks me if I'd like to fix it, but when I click 'yes' I just get another message saying it can't be done). I went elsewhere on site to a computer with 10.2, and when I tried to geocode there it asked me to log into my ESRI online account, gave me the geocoding dialogue box, and then told me that geocoding was not allowed unless I logged into my ESRI online account (which I'd thought I just had, in order to get the dialogue box?) Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a workaround so that I might geocode my addresses at last?

Thankyou all in advance...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
With your version10 machine are you using a local local or arcgis online?  If the former, can you simply build your own and forget about the broken one?
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
RustyShackleford1
New Contributor
Unfortunately I don't believe I possess any suitable reference data for building my own address locator; hence why I was relying on ArcMap's.
0 Kudos