A view that references versioned views does not show versioned data

08-14-2014 04:31 PM
RonaldBeloin
New Contributor II

I've created a view in ArcCatalog 10.1 that references versioned views of tables. It shows versioned data in SQL Server Management Studio (after running the proc to set a version, of course), and by that I mean the created view, not just the SQL def. However, Catalog or Map will not show versioned data using the view, only what's in Default. When I look at the view definition, it's exactly as I wrote it, in other words, ArcCatalog didn't modify it during the view creation.

GDB is 10.1, SQLServer 2012. Anyone else see this?

Ron

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Occasional Contributor III

So your geodatabase versioned views work correctly.  But, when a conventional view references those same gdb v views, their content is default, not versioned.  Is that correct?

0 Kudos
RonaldBeloin
New Contributor II

That's correct. In Map, I can load tables from an SDE connection that is looking at a version, and see data in that version but not yet in Default. However, a View that references the versioned view of those same tables with the same SDE connection will not show the newer data.

However, in SQL server management studio, after running exec dbo.set_version "name", I can query the View and then do see the newer data in the version.

I can't figure how Map can NOT show the newer data. The properties of the View show it just as I wrote it.

Thanks for your reply.

Ron

0 Kudos