9.2 installation error

09-19-2016 11:26 AM
jeffreychristian
New Contributor II

i have an old version 9.2 installation disc i need to install. will be used as a viewer basically and cant get past the online registration process. throws up an error registerfixed92.exe has stopped working message box and tge editor tools do not install. everything else does. any help will be appreciated

thanks

jeffrey

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Just a guess-  since the sun has set on that version so long ago, the registration for it has set as well....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would say that Joe is correct. Support for 9.2 ended June 30, 2012, over 4 years ago.

Esri Support 9.x 

--- George T.
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try registering it silently? How To: Register ArcView and ArcEditor Single Use silently 

Read the notes before proceeding.

Think Location
0 Kudos
jeffreychristian
New Contributor II

joe and george - correct. esri will not support 9.3 or even talk to me about it.

jayanta - silently would work if i had the registration file. i have the number but not the file and those dirty rats at esri wont give it to me!

i had my girl in my other office download a free cracked version and of course got virused for my trouble. tons of free downloads out there but...............

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I won't encourage you to go for crack. Instead, if upgrade of ArcGIS Desktop is not an option ($), you could go for open source GIS software. e.g. QGIS.

For Download:

https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html 

Manual/UserGuide:

http://docs.qgis.org/2.14/pdf/en/ 

Think Location
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you not current on support or licensing? Why are you using 9.2, that version can out in 2006?

You could try to reach out to your account manager and/or customer service and see if they can help. I would say the chance is slim, but if you must use 9.2 worth a try.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
jeffreychristian
New Contributor II

jayanta - thanks for your input. i am running version 10 on my office computer which was obscenely expensive but i need to do a very simple mapping job at an off site location and since i only have one license that means no sharing. i am basically wanting to share data (shapefile) generated on my machine with the other machine and do some very simple edits ie data entry in the attributes table. thanks again

oh and you are absolutely right. stay the hell away from cracked downloads............ 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the ArcGIS thing doesn't work out, 

FYI, In QGIS, one can easily open the shapefiles and edit them, leave alone the advanced geoprocessing it is capable of.

It also has a user-friendly GUI. It's definitely more productive than ArcGIS 9.x.

Think Location
jeffreychristian
New Contributor II

george - thanks again. reference my response to jay please.

0 Kudos