3GB sdedc_SQL Server.log

Jump to solution
02-19-2014 12:04 AM
HenWagner
New Contributor III
Hi

I have a 3GB sdedc_SQL Server.log file in my ArcGIS Server 10.1 host.
The SQL Server 2008 R2 is on another server.

The file is in the:
C:\Users\arcgis\AppData\Local\Temp folder.
And is being locked from deletion by ArcSOC.exe processes.

This user is not in use by anyone but the application.

Questions:

1. Can the file be deleted/ truncated? Do I have the same from the server perspective data in my DB log?

2. Is it normal to have a 3GB sdedc_SQL Server.log file?

3. How can it be moved to another drive?

4. Will AGS performance be affected if I move the folder to and allocated storage (rather than a local HD)?

TIA
HW
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor

1. Can the file be deleted/ truncated? Do I have the same from the server perspective data in my DB log?

4. Will AGS performance be affected if I move the folder to and allocated storage (rather than a local HD)?

The file is a log for direct connections made to your SQL Server geodatabase.  The path you specified is the default location; every OS user account will have one if a direct connection is made while the OS user account is logged into the machine.  I'm not sure if you would be able to change the location of the file other than modifying the TEMP and/or TMP user variables or removing those user variables and modifying them at the system variable level.  Moreover, I'm not sure why you would want to change the output path for this file.  You're welcome to move it or delete it or truncate it; but it will be re-created and written to each time a direct connection is established.  AGS performance shouldn't have anything to do with the location of this file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor

The file is a log for direct connections made to your SQL Server geodatabase.  The path you specified is the default location; every OS user account will have one if a direct connection is made while the OS user account is logged into the machine.  I'm not sure if you would be able to change the location of the file other than modifying the TEMP and/or TMP user variables or removing those user variables and modifying them at the system variable level.  Moreover, I'm not sure why you would want to change the output path for this file.  You're welcome to move it or delete it or truncate it; but it will be re-created and written to each time a direct connection is established.  AGS performance shouldn't have anything to do with the location of this file.
0 Kudos