2nd SDE database creation in SQL Server 2008

06-14-2010 12:20 PM
CharlesHarris
New Contributor II
Hi...

I'm using SQL Server 2008 with ArcSDE installed.  I have created an initial SDE(DBO Schema) database that I'm using for a particular development project.  I now want to create a second SDE database for use with another development project.  However, when attempting to create the second SDE database the repository setup fails.  I've researched the underlying DBMS error, but have come up with nothing.  Any help that is provided is appreciated!

[Mon Jun 14 16:03:56 2010] Error creating VERSION table. (-51)
[Mon Jun 14 16:03:56 2010] DBMS error code: 102
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: Incorrect syntax near 'TABLESPACE'.

[Mon Jun 14 16:03:56 2010] SDE schema object install not completed.
[Mon Jun 14 16:03:56 2010] ERROR installing/upgrading ArcSDE, Error = -51
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShannonShields
Esri Contributor
You are getting a SQL Server syntax error. Given the nature of the error I'm going to venture a guess that there is something incorrect in your dbtune.sde file that is being used to generate the sdedbtune table, and control the creation of the sde & geodatabase metadata tables.

The syntax error is occuring near the word 'tablespace', which is not a SQL Server term. Are you using a customized dbtune file? If so, open that file. If not, go to your SDEHOME\etc folder & open the dbtune.sde file. Search for the string 'tablespace' & see on what line it is occurring. That line needs to be edited/corrected to function properly against SQL Server.

-Shannon
0 Kudos