Select to view content in your preferred language

Revise documentation for Upgrade Geodatabase GP tool when upgrading a SQL Server-based enterprise geodatabases to a version 11 geodatabase.

09-06-2022 11:15 AM
Labels (1)
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor II

I recently upgraded a version 10.8.1 enterprise SQL Server geodatabase to version 11 using ArcGIS Pro 3.0 Upgrade Geodatabase GP tool.  Doing so, come to find out by design, altered the way the geodatabase items are named.  In v11 it no longer uses the [databasename].[schema].[tablename] format and is now only [schema].[tablename].  This change broke all of my enterprise paths in models and python scripts for things like feature class paths, field mapping paths, etc.  I wasn't expecting that, and it was a big chore to repair.  Please update the documentation to warn of that change when upgrading between geodatabase versions prior to v11.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-sql-server/upgrade-geodatabas...

Tags (1)
22 Comments
MarceloMarques

@TimMinter - if your post was a "question" instead of an "idea" then each reply would have a "kudo" option, an "idea" has only one kudo option at the first post. I am glad to help.

Data Management - Esri Community

MarceloMarques_0-1685554783019.png

AndreaB_

Thank you @MarceloMarques! I would also be kudo-ing. This is why I asked Esri to allow us to Kudo comments in Ideas. They said, no. 😊

Have a nice weekend.