Add features to geometric network

02-13-2011 10:08 AM
Labels (1)
GennadyMogilevich
New Contributor III

I would like a tool  or set of tools which would allow one to add a new feature class to a geometric network without having to drop the network and recreate connectivity rules, etc.  I simply need to add a hydrant valve feature class to the existing network, but currently I would have to drop my versions and network in order to do so.

2 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Doing some housecleaning here. We realize this is an old idea but wanted to share the following info:

This functionality already exists in ArcMap.

If a user right clicks on a Feature Dataset (which contains a Geometric Network) -> New -> Feature Class.

In the New Feature Class Dialog, the user is allowed to select ‘Simple Junction Features’, ‘Simple Edge Features’ or ‘Complex Edge Features’ as the feature class type.  And then a drop down of available Geometric Networks will appear.

KoryKramer_0-1663797221913.png

Following the standard new Feature Class wizard, the feature class is created (and registered as versioned)

And registered as a source in the Geometric Network

KoryKramer_1-1663797221914.png

Here’s the new classes properties (registered as versioned)

KoryKramer_2-1663797221915.png

This works even if there are versions in the system. 

If the user, then decides they no longer want the class in the GN.

The user can delete all records from the table and then use the GP Tool: ‘Remove Empty Feature Class From Geometric Network’

KoryKramer_3-1663797221916.png

Following that, the class is now no longer in my GN:

KoryKramer_4-1663797221917.png

And the class has been downgraded to simple Point Feature Class

KoryKramer_5-1663797221917.png

This is a fully supported workflow in a versioned system.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Already Offered