Mapping Feature Classes to Stand-Alone Tables

01-28-2021 11:55 AM
GavinRunyon
New Contributor III

@AlixVezina is it possible to create and execute a data loading workspace to map fields from Geometric Network feature classes to Utility Network standalone tables? I am looking to translate fields from wHydrant and wSystemValve to the HydrantMaintenanceInspection and ValveInspection tables?

If not, is it possible to use Ad hoc Data Loading - Append with Transformation?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SafeTrent
New Contributor

Hi @GavinRunyon ,

One method you could try is using the Data Interop Extension along with the Migration tools Esri has developed. A link to the Water tools can be found here.

This gives the user a spreadsheet they can populate to allow for more customizable mapping, this spreadsheet is the used in a mapping workspace to migrate from your source(Geometric Network) to the UN Asset Package.

I hope that helps!

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@GavinRunyon thank you for posting your question.

Unfortunately, the Data Loading Tools do not currently support the workflow for feature class to table, but the Append with Transformation does. You can use the Expressions column and the code block in the same way you would use the mapping workbooks and the scripts in the data loading workspace.

Screenshot 2021-01-28 132145.jpg

0 Kudos
GavinRunyon
New Contributor III

Thanks Alix. Could I put a Target Delete Query in the code block to clear the table before appending or is this only for individual field calculations? It would be nice to run this each time we execute a data load to ensure relationships are maintained.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Append with Transformation only supports insertions. Maybe you could setup a model in Model Builder that would run Truncate or Delete Features first, and then Append with Transformation?

0 Kudos