Select to view content in your preferred language

Different behavior between DLT versions: by default join fields are not loaded in DLT Workspace.

05-17-2022 02:12 AM
geopamplona
Emerging Contributor

Hi @TedHoward2 

Recently I have noticed that latest version of DLT library (2.7.0) does not have an exact behavior with respect to the previous version (in my case 2.4.0).

I have noticed that in the previous version, by default, if names between source and destination match exactly, the Data Loading Workspace that is generated already includes by default join of fields.

In latest version, by default, this is not case; it does not work the same way. If I do not apply any field configuration, it should join them automatically, but it does not do so.

In my case, I have implemented the Data Loading Tool in an automatic workflow to migrate data to Utility Network. When upgrading DLT version, I have this problem.

A solution could be to go through the excel with the mapping of the fields and modify it programmatically to make this join, however, I think it is a functionality that should be kept from the at version. I could also stop using DLT and make appends with python.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
geopamplona
Emerging Contributor

Hi @TedHoward2,

My question is still unanswered, I understand that it is something simple. In the documentation you can read that if the fields have exact match they are migrated automatically, under this premise I have developed an automatic workflow to migrate data.

What should I do? should I change my workflow or can I wait for a fix?

0 Kudos
TedHoward2
Esri Contributor

Regarding auto-matching fields by name - this will only occur when both the source and target field do not have a domain. This is done for a number of reasons, but basically loading data from a source field to a target field when both fields have very different domains does not make sense. There could also be issues if only one field has a domain. The tool is cautious about auto-matching in this respect and this is the case for both versions of DLT 2.4 and 2.7. The expectation is that the user will correct any missing matches in the Mapping workbook if desired.

If you have a different issue with your data than what I am describing, some examples would be helpful.

0 Kudos