Data Loading tools and Pro 2.9.1

Jump to solution
02-21-2022 08:28 AM
Brian_Colson
New Contributor III

Similar to other questions, we are currently utilizing the data loading tools within ArcGIS Pro 2.6.7, but are considering migrating to Pro 2.9.1, to get to the latest version of Utility Network (UN) prior to a production deployment. 

Will the Data loading tools work with the latest release of ArcGIS Pro?
Which version of Pandas and DTL Solutions should I be looking for? 

Might be a question for @TedHoward2 .

Thanks. 

Brian Colson, GISP
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TedHoward2
Esri Contributor

Yes, dltsolutions 2.7.1 is compatible with Pro 2.9.1. Package versions of these tools are generally designed to be compatible with any version of Pro that has the same python version environment. So when a future release of Pro moves to a new python version (py3.9+ for example), a new dltsolutions version will be required. I will put in a request to make this more clear in our documentation.

For your case for migrating to Pro 2.9.1, the latest version of dltsolutions (2.7.1) is what you need to look for. Conda should handle the rest for you regarding pandas versions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TedHoward2
Esri Contributor

Yes, dltsolutions 2.7.1 is compatible with Pro 2.9.1. Package versions of these tools are generally designed to be compatible with any version of Pro that has the same python version environment. So when a future release of Pro moves to a new python version (py3.9+ for example), a new dltsolutions version will be required. I will put in a request to make this more clear in our documentation.

For your case for migrating to Pro 2.9.1, the latest version of dltsolutions (2.7.1) is what you need to look for. Conda should handle the rest for you regarding pandas versions.

Brian_Colson
New Contributor III

Thank you @TedHoward2.  I will start testing pro 2.9.1 accordingly.  

I appreciate the reply.  

Brian Colson, GISP
0 Kudos
geopamplona
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have problems when use data loading tools in Arcgis 2.9 and DLT 2.7.1. I detail my errors in this case: https://community.esri.com/t5/data-loading-tools-questions/dataloadingtool-2-7-1-in-arcgispro-2-9-fi...

@Brian_Colsoncould you guarantee that you have been able to load data into UN using DLT 2.7.1??

0 Kudos
Brian_Colson
New Contributor III

Hey @geopamplona ,

I was able to install the tools, but I have yet to test them in Pro 2.9.2 (soon to be 2.9.3).  It appears from the other case that you may have found a solution, but if you wish for me to test my loading spreadsheets into some of my data ahead of time, let me know.  

Right now I am on about a once a month cadence, while we build and load this data into our UN for testing purposes.  Users are testing right now, so I don't want to reload until I get the results from that testing. It's a process. 

Good luck!

Brian Colson, GISP
0 Kudos
geopamplona
New Contributor III

Thank @Brian_Colson !

We are deploying into production our UN with ArcGis pro 2.6.3 and starting to test Pro 2.9.2 with UN and new libraries.

In other post recently got a valid answer.

Your workflow is very interesting. Thanks for reply, no need to bother loading data, I found answer I was looking for.

Thanks!

0 Kudos