Select to view content in your preferred language

Data Loading Tools 2.7.1--Subtypes

08-19-2021 07:59 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For our Utility Network Migrations we have leveraged the Data Loading tools. We started with Version 2.4 and Pro 2.5 I believe.

We have since moved to Pro 2.7 and the Data Loading tools 2.7.x.

After this migration we have noticed that if the source data has subtypes, the DLT's try to break each of these subtypes into a separate spreadsheet based on how the tool THINKS the data should be mapped.  How can we prevent this?  It looks like if there is a matching subtype in the target the tool will generate a separate spreadsheet for that particular source and target.

When this happens we get numerous spreadsheets (attached) as well as the subtype tab being removed from the spreadsheets.  We have used this tab in the past to map our data.  Also attached.  

Basically is there a way for the data loading tools to not try and do this much.  It worked well for us when it didn't try to predict as much...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User , this is the new behavior of the tools. But it seems we should enhance them with an option to opt out of this behavior in the future. I'll make sure to raise it with the team.

Right now, the only option available it seems would be to use the previous version of the tools...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Alix.  Is 2.4.0 compatible with Pro 2.7/8 ?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately not, since they're compiled for a different version of python.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alix,

I wanted to provide a bit of our use case for supporting the option to "opt out" of the predictive subtype mapping in the future.

The way in which the 2.4.0/1 solution created the workspace was so much more approachable for users trying to migrate to the Utility Network.  That migration is already a complex undertaking.  The 2.4 version of the tools made it much more manageable when approaching this task.  I'm concerned not being able to opt out will add more stress and harder knowledge transfer when trying to work/teach these tools.  It may reduce the amount of people who want to migrate to the Utility Network if they start of out of the gate with a difficult subtype/asset group mapping.  If you need more information from me, please reach out.  Thanks for all your help!