Check for data already present in the target field using Data Loading Tools

03-19-2024 05:40 AM
sumalain1
New Contributor III

Hi @AlixVezina @TedHoward2,

I am new to Data Loading Tools. I have following queries:

1. Can I check for data already present in the target field using Data Loading Tools?
  2. Can I reuse the DataLoadingWorkspace just by updating Source column in DataReference worksheet?

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2.41833 and dltsolutions 3.1.2

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PatrickGCowan
Esri Contributor

1. No, it will not check for data already present. It also will not update existing records. The data loading process only appends the target.

2. Yes, Workspaces can be reused by updating data paths. You can also use the "Update Data Loading Workspace Schema" tool to update any schema changes after you update the paths (if there are any).

0 Kudos
sumalain1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @PatrickGCowan,

Can I automatically update the source paths using openpyxl and then run the "Update Data Loading Workspace Schema" tool? Or is there any other method to automatically update the paths?

0 Kudos
PatrickGCowan
Esri Contributor

The paths need to be updated in the DataReference.xlsx. You could use openpyxl to do the updates or you can manually updated them in Excel. After updating the paths, you would only need to run "Update Data Loading Workspace Schema" if there were any changes to the schema of the source and target.

0 Kudos