Known Issues

11-06-2020 09:04 AM
Labels (1)

Known Issues

We are monitoring issues that may have occurred as a result of the platform update

If you are experiencing issues please let us know in Community Feedback . Once we are able to replicate the reported issue, we will update the community through this live document. Please subscribe to this document to be notified as soon as there are updates.

Known Issues (Current)

Date

Known Issue

Description

Status 

11/12/20 General styling issues - desktop and mobile Minor styling issues of components on mobile and desktop views
*My Profile page - issues viewing Safari

Fixes ongoing

Safari issue fixed

11/13/2020

HTML error message

Blog owners of migrated content reporting issues with Rich text editing and HTML error message preventing publishing or warning of formatting removal. 

Bug identified

12/10/2020

Editing existing content e.g. blogs

Deletion of white spaces is not being rendered correctly when publishing.  For example: After creating a post (or reply) with a code block, whenever the post/reply is edited, an extra new line is added above and below the code block. This compounds with repeated edits.

Fix released  Dec 5, 2023

6/17/2021
&
7/23/2021

Migrated code samples - display

Code snippets are not displaying as expected to code language selected in posts and replies .
Captured in this thread long code snippets are not loading in Chrome and Edge. Firefox renders as one long line of code.

Fix released Dec. 12, 2021

8/12/2021

Drag and drop when creating new posts and replies

When dragging from an item from desktop/file explorer the upper target drop area does not function as expected. 

LouiseB_Esri_0-1628877873422.png

Workaround: Drag and drop items to the lower target area:

LouiseB_Esri_1-1628877914680.png

Or click on 'browse' to follow the attach workflow:

LouiseB_Esri_2-1628877960749.png

Fix Released Oct 23.

10/26/2021

Search Results Page - Places tabs

When switching between the default Posts tab and the Places tab on a search results page with an existing search term the Places results list is not displaying. 

Workaround: When on the Places tab in Search results click cursor into the Search term box and press enter. Places results will display. 

Fixed - monitoring

02/02/2023

Private Message Notification

The feature that sends email notifications to members who receive a Private Message in Esri Community isn’t working correctly. 

This is a known issue affecting Board level subscriptions: When subscribed to an entire Board, members will receive notifications for each new reply on Posts found in that Board. This happens even if their account preferences are set to only notify them of the first post in each topic (the default setting). To remedy this, consider subscribing to specific labels or Posts in those Boards instead of the Board itself

This is different than the Subscription Notification emails, which are working.  

Workaround: Applies to all users and users do not have any option to turn off the PM notification. Workaround will NOT work at this time. 

Because of where it falls on Khoros prioritization list, we're anticipating that this will take some time to correct and don't have an ETA as of right now. 

Fix release Dec 5, 2023

02/22/2023

Filter search results by language

To allow for filtering search results by language when you search in Esri Community.  For example, I searched the question forums for "arcgis api for python," and a very large portion of the search results were questions or posts that people wrote in Chinese or Japanese (because they had spelled "arcgis api for python" in English but the rest of their post was in another language), while I am only an English speaker.  So the large proportion of posts in another language made it a lot less efficient for me to look through the search results.

Future enhancement

03/21/2023

Remove notifications when the user marks an answer as a solution

If the user has an email notification turned on for accepted solutions. Unfortunately, the user also gets an email every time , they mark something as a solution on their own post. The user do not need an email to tell that they just marked something as a solution.

It is very helpful to see when other posts have been resolved, but I don't need to know when mine have.

Workaround 1: Turning off any notifications works best for some.

Workaround 2:

I created a custom rule in Microsoft Outlook to automatically delete those emails:

SimiBasu_0-1679420551382.png

Future enhancement

05/01/2023

Blank Space Issue

With Community Blogs and Documents and layout? It is impossible to control spacing the way we want to. Spacing seems to get randomly added around graphics and code snippets.

identified as a bug and will be fixed in the Aurora Release that is scheduled for end of this year. We received a final update from our Khoros engineering team. The issue is seen with TinyMCE version 4.x and this issue will not be seen in the new Aurora Release coming at end of the year. We have been told that this issue is not reproducible in Aurora as Aurora is built in TinyMCE version 5.10.

Bug Identified. Scheduled to get fix in Aurora Release.

07/18/23

'Redirected too many times' issue

Seeing a pattern of users reporting the ‘you’ve been redirected too many times’ message"  Our platform vendor professional services is investigating the issue. No resolution yet. 

Workaround (This has worked for some users):

1)  Please try accessing Esri Community via a private browser (incognito window)

2) Clear cache and cookies which both have been successful at clearing up the issue for others.

3) If they are using Edge go to the Clear Browsing History setting in Edge and found it was defaulted to clear only the last 24 hours and some of the things to clear were turned off by default.  By changing the settings to clear All Time and turned on all the other things.  

Fixed Oct, 23

Update 08/09/23: We pushed a fix in production today Aug 9, 23  If you see this issue again, please clear cache and cookies once, so it implements the new fixes and try again.  We are hopeful that users will not see this issue anymore. But if you see this issue again, could you please let me know. Thanks.

Update on July 18th: Escalated and actively investigating

Known Issues (Historical)

Date

Known Issue

Description

Status 

11/12/20 Navigation - megamenu Tab switching after clicking an item from All Communities tab

Fixed

11/12/20 ArcGIS Ideas - GeoNet, The Esri Community Latest Activity Feed A-Z sort behavior unexpected and refresh takes user to top of page Fixed
11/12/20 Special character issues Various issues with & and special characters appearing in feeds on Profile Page. 

Fixed

11/12/20

Wrong user attribute

When viewing another users posts on Recent Posts Page Latest Contributions is displaying current logged in user

Fixed

11/12/20

View counts on board tiles

Some board tiles displaying 0 for topic counts although board has content

Fixed

11/12/20

Unexpected error message 'Request Entity too Large' 

When replying to threads an unexpected error is seen.

Fixed

11/12/20

Threaded View Hides Replies
(default Post view changed from Linear to Threaded)

When changing to Threaded layout, no replies show.
*New version of reply component added that uses inline replies. 

Fixed

11/12/2020

Replies to threads - text editor behavior

When replying to a post the text editor displays one line and does not offer the expanded view. 

Fixed

11/12/20 Ideas Exchange boards - Filter by Idea Status

After selecting a status there is no clear/view all option

Fixed

11/13/2020

Insert Code - lost formatting

Insert code loses expected format between editing and publishing.

Fixed

11/13/2020

Migrated Code - lost formatting

Migrated content pre Nov 12 not displaying content correctly in all content types

Fixed

11/14/2020

Badge count on profile page is off

Badge count on profile page does not match total badges earned on view all badge page

Fixed

11/14/2020

View All Badges page - avatar menu behavior

When viewing all badges earned from a Profile page the dropdown menu has lost it's stacked format. 

Fixed

11/14/2020

Redirects

Some redirects are not working as expected. This affects mostly archived content and JX pages that existed below a space or group e.g. /overview

Fixed

11/17/2020

Intermittent Attachment Virus Scan Not Completing

Some members are seeing attached files on posts not completing the virus scan. 

Fixed

11/18/2020

Private Message - Attachments

Issues viewing and downloading attachments in Private messages in their original file format. 

Fixed

12/8/2020

Flood controls

Flood control messaging is being trigged after one or two attempts to publish a message. 

Fixed 

1/13/2021

Search terms using quotation marks

Search results using quotation marks not working as expected
As reported here

Fixed

1/13/2021

Links from email or Google not working 1st time

Reported in this thread & this thread

Dependent on your signed in status on esri.com sites links in notification emails or Google search results may result in the link clicked redirecting to Home page on first click but working 2nd time. 

Fixed

1/29/2021

Ideas Posts - Label Display

After adding a label to an Idea Post the published Idea does not display the Label chosen next to the expected place in the header. The label is still present when editing the post. 

Fixed

1/30/2021

Load More - Activity Feeds

When not logged the load more option and activity filters are not functioning normally. 

Fixed

2/3/2021

Missing links

For some historical posts links to other community content is missing

Fixed

2/4/2021

Due to recent avatar updates some users avatars have been removed and not auto replaced.

Fixed

2/8/2021

Profile Page - access or display issues

For some users access or display of their profile page may be impaired due to a specific issue with their activity feed and items in archive. 

Fixed

2/17/2021

About Author - Blogs

Update: About Author component displays the author of the link being viewed.
Original post url displays the author bio for original post.
Post reply view using permalink url displays the author bio for the reply author. 

Fixed 

3/11/2021

Double page load

On initial page load a brief flash occurs while the page loads

Fixed

4/16/2021

Missing boards and categories

A select number of places and boards are missing from menus, search or landing pages although they still exist and their content is still searchable.

Fixed

4/16/2021

Missing comments on blogs

Blog articles with comments may not show all indicated comments/

Fixed

4/20/2021

Firefox/ Edge/ Chrome logout

When navigating between Esri Community and other Esri websites the logged in account is being automatically logged out.

Fixed

4/30/2021

Leaderboards incorrect

Leaderboards are showing incorrect numbers and order. 

Fixed

5/3/2021

Products page- extra filter tabs

Filter tabs from top level products page showing on all product places 

Fixed 

5/3/2021

All Worldwide communities link in main nav missing

workaround: go to all communities, select worldwide from there to see all WW places until fix is deployed

Fixed 

5/25/2021

Attachment preview not available

Attachment preview will not be available for an estimated 12 hour window starting May 25 4pm PDT

Maintenance Completed

6/10/2021

Firefox - Products tab views

The Core and Capabilites tabs on the Product page displays unexpected empty tiles when moving mouse focus between tiles. 

Fixed

6/29/2021

Global menu - All Communities

Clicking on the All Communities link is unexpectedly navigating to the All Communities page. Expected behavior should be dropdown menu launches and remains in view. 

Issue resolved - monitoring

6/29/2021

Load more - Latest Activity feeds

Load more is scrolling to the top of the page after clicking. Expected behavior should be the latest activity feed view is fixed to the location where load more was clicked. 

Issue resolved - monitoring

Previously requested enhancements section of the document has been replaced with Community Idea Exchange. 

Reference

Enhancement Requests (Open)

Related Idea Enhancement Description Status
Need Ability to remove tags

Tag removals at a post level and found this can’t be done without deleting it from the Board/Place level entirely.

Place managers and admins have the ability to remove tags, but this would be at the Place or Board level. For an example, if we were to remove the ArcMap equivalency tag from the below post (idea), anyone who has used the same tag in the same Place/Board would also have the tag removed from their post(s). We are hoping with future platform enhancements, we will have the ability to delete any tag from a post level without deleting the tag entirely from the Board/Place, but at this moment, it is not an option.

Open
  Search results - filter options Move the options to filter search results by unanswered posts from advanced search to a filter button alongside other Search results filter options  
Idea submission form improvement: label field as d...  Label Chooser experience Improve the UI for searching, reviewing label descriptions and choosing labels to add to posted content Open
Arcade as option for the code sample  Code options - insert code Adding Arcade as an option in list of languages Open
Update Behavior when Reply to Post  Reply to cursor placement Suggestion to default to Reply body instead of Subject field Open
  Latest Activity sort by Add Sort by Most Recent Activity (e.g. comments/replies)
Anchor link the Load more to where clicked rather than scroll to bottom on load
Add Sort by Unresolved Posts (e.g. has a comment but not marked with an accepted solution)

Mark posts as read setting  Mark as Read - manual  Will you add a manual "Mark posts as read" option? Open
  Text editor - Size of body text field When editing existing content have the body text window size default to fit the size of existing content instead of offering the drag handle.   

Enhancements (Completed)

Related Idea Enhancement Description Status
Filtering Content on the Community Home Page?  Latest activity feeds - sort by Adding the ability to sort by unanswered posts in all activity feeds Complete 
See details
  Hero banner height Reduce the height of the hero banner on all place and board pages to promote content higher up the page Completed. 
See details
  Code snippets - line numbers Including line numbers automatically with posted code snippets Complete
  Other board tile navigation On boards having the Other Boards in this Place widget be defaulted to collapse on page load. 

When landing on a board page the Other Boards listing at the top of the page is auto collapsed on page load. 
Complete
  Text editor - Block quotes

Applying these to any piece of content instead of current implementation where it references text in the post thread only.

Feature now available in text editor known as BlockQuote which allows you to format any piece of text in a new post or reply as a block quote.  

LouiseB_Esri_0-1636746314703.jpeg

Complete
SQL missing from language list  Include SQL in available list of code languages Request in this thread Complete

Remember language for code  Alphabetize available code language list When choosing from the code insert options display list in alphabetical order Complete
Horizontal Scrollbar for Code Sample would improve...   Code samples - horizontal scroll bar Requested in this thread Complete
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Comments

Here I am... soo much to learnHere I am... soo much to learn

photo upload working Leslie 😉

Hi @Anonymous User ,

I noticed that the link "Community Feedback" at the top of this document is still pointing to the staging environment. 😕

XanderBakker_0-1605189878340.png

Anonymous User

Thanks @XanderBakker I updated the link. 

First off let me admin that I'm an old timer having working with ESRI products for over 30 years.  When it comes to forums or communities I like to browse what people are posting about to try and see what's going out outside of my interests.  This is when I'm not looking for help.  I wasn't a fan of GeoNet and I'm not seeing the new system as an improvement. 

Maybe it's because I always come to GeoNet on a computer and not a mobile device.  I like to see more titles at a time and scroll less, both of which have increased with the new system.  For me the most important items are Type (Post/Idea), Title, Community, and date.  For me the Avatars are visual static that disturb quickly taking in the information plug there add to the amount of space that each listing takes up.

Below I have a screen shot illustrating how it looks and how it could be streamlined and highlighting the most important information!  It's just an idea.  But it would me nice if there were a streamlined interface alternative available.  Thanks and I hope you don't mind the suggestion.

Current ViewCurrent ViewMockup Reduced ClutterMockup Reduced Clutter

I'm not sure the entirety of the discussion for "Label Chooser experience:  Improve the UI for searching, reviewing label descriptions and choosing labels to add to posted content".  But an initial reaction in our organization was that it would be nice to at least have an option to limit label choices to those recognized within our organization's place and not forum-wide.

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User ,

Do you know if there are any issues with private messaging?

I received a private message with an attachment (a ZIP with data to test with) and when I hover over the download button it seems to link to a ZIP file:

XanderBakker_0-1605730913615.png

However, when I click on the button it downloads an html file (and not the ZIP with data):

XanderBakker_1-1605731012531.png

Also trying to reply to this message resulted in an error:

XanderBakker_2-1605731049715.png

Any ideas?

Anonymous User

@XanderBakker Yes there is a known issue with attachments on private messages where it's not downloading the file type in the right file type and is defaulting to .html. We raised this as a high priority support ticket and I had yet to add it above so will do this right now. 

Thanks @Anonymous User !

How can I see the appropriate labels to use when posting a question? Specifically, I'm trying post a question under the Geoprocessing community. The Labels box is blank and I don't know what to put here. This is preventing me from posting my question and engaging with the community. 

I think when I posted in the ArcGIS Pro community, it listed some possible labels. This would be useful to see for every community I try to post to. 

Thanks!

hi @tigerwoulds Not all the places have pre-defined labels.  If there are no labels to select from then there are not currently any pre-defined for that place, and you can leave the field blank. In the case of Geoprocessing, there are currently no labels setup, so in this case leave the field blank.  But you can add tags.  Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Hello again - I still do not know how to control the notifications feed.  Before the platform update this month, I only saw notifications in my notification feed for posts that I either generated or posts that I replied to.  Now, my feed contains every reply from every user for every topic that I am subscribed to.  

Help!  Information Overload!

Wow nice

Version history
Last update:
‎12-11-2023 10:50 AM
Updated by:
Contributors