Community Features Parity Chart

12-08-2020 11:59 AM

Community Features Parity Chart

Learn more about common features from our previous platform hosted on Jive/JX and how those features now work in the new platform. 

Jive/JX (Previous)

Khoros (Current)

Description

Member Profile

Member Profile

Your account profile features:

• Your Avatar (Profile Photo)
  • Username
  • Rank
  • Bio
  • Badges
  • Your online status
  • Community engagement stats
  • Your latest contributions feed
  • Your ArcGIS Ideas submissions
  • Your latest activity feed
  • Your image gallery
  • Your tags used throughout the community
  • Your community member connections
  • Stats of your activity in the community that are only visible to you

Follow

Subscribe

Subscriptions allow you to receive email updates to places, groups, labels, and content in the community. Manage your frequency and email notification preferences in My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > Notification Settings.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Bookmarks save links to content on your profile. Bookmarks are located on your profile and in My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > My Bookmarks. Bookmarks do not have email notifications.

Private Message

Private Messages (PM)

You can message other community members directly without being connected to a community member. Community members can also turn off the private message feature or ignore users.

Navigation and Browsing

Navigation Menu

Use the mega menu in the top navigation bar to access the to view all communities, places, and user groups available. Alternatively, you can use the search feature in the top navigation bar or within search bars available across the community.

Asking A Question

Create A Post

Navigate to a place in the community and click the Create A Post button. The ability to create a post is only available within a specific place or board level. Posts cannot be shared to multiple places.

Mark Correct or Mark as assumed answered

Accept as Solution

Click the Accept as Solution button or select Accept as Solution from the Post Options menu. The post author can mark one or more replies as an Accepted Solution. Moderators can additionally mark replies as an Accepted Solution. Authors will be emailed a reminder notification to return to their post to identify if a reply can be marked as an Accepted Solution. “I have this question too” and “Mark as Helpful” are no longer features of the platform.

Creating Ideas, Blogs, Documents, Videos

Creating Ideas, Blogs, Documents, and Videos

Members can create Ideas and post Questions in Places. Place Managers and User Group members can create Blogs, Documents, and Videos. Posts cannot be shared in multiple places.

Search, Advanced Search, and Filters

Search, Advanced Search, and Filters

The top navigation bar search icon is a static feature to search all community content. Search bars throughout the community can search all community content or content within a specific board. The Search or Search Results Page will provide additional filtering and advanced search capabilities to narrow down results.

Display Name

Username

Usernames can be changed in the new platform.

Follow Community Members

Connect with Community Members

Connect with members to follow their activity and contributions to the community by going to their member profile and clicking Connect.

Like Content

Give a Kudos

The equivalent to liking content is now considered giving a Kudos. To give a Kudos, click the Kudos button. Members cannot kudos their own posts or replies.

Report Abuse

Report a Post for Moderation

Click the Post Options menu and select Report Inappropriate Content.

Preferences

My Settings

My Settings is where you manage your account information, sign-in options, preferences, display, notification settings, and more.

Comments

Is there a way to connect a post to a place (we used to use share for this). For example, someone makes a post in the Pro forum that we want to appear in the stream for the Metadata place.

Anonymous User

Hi @curtvprice, Unfortunately, sharing posts to multiple places is not available on this platform. 

Thanks Leslie. So you can't  @mention places either? I guess we'll just have to be good with tags.

Anonymous User

Correct, at-mention can only reference other users or content at this time. When you enter an @ symbol, you'll see that described at the top. 

Screenshot 2021-01-15 104501.jpg

Version history
Last update:
‎11-12-2020 08:52 AM
Updated by:
Anonymous User
Contributors