Standard Wait Time before Accepting a Solution

Jump to solution
11-17-2020 06:16 AM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Spend time in any Stack Exchange Meta site, and the number of answered-but-not-officially-accepted questions is sure to come up at some point, so I understand the reasoning behind giving Admins the ability to accept answers on a user's behalf.

However, might I suggest a standard waiting period between the posting of a response and its being accepted by someone other than the OP?

I recently asked a question, and between asking it and logging back on the next morning, there had been several replies and one was marked as the solution. As it happened, the solution did not apply to the situation I had posted about, but fie on me for not giving more details.

If I just ghosted my own question and never checked back in, I could see marking it as assumed answered after 24-48 hours. But marking a question as answered before the user even has a chance to review the responses and elaborate on their problem as needed seems a bit presumptive.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Josh, Sorry if someone jumped on your post to quickly, it could have been a moderator, MVP or place manager. but as the author of the post you should be able to revoke the solution if it is not correct, also you have the ability to mark multiple replies as solutions in the case where  there is more than one answer. 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Josh, Sorry if someone jumped on your post to quickly, it could have been a moderator, MVP or place manager. but as the author of the post you should be able to revoke the solution if it is not correct, also you have the ability to mark multiple replies as solutions in the case where  there is more than one answer. 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos