Posts not displaying correctly

Jump to solution
07-28-2021 11:54 AM
RobertBossio
New Contributor II

I'm new to esri and trying to get understanding of JavaScript API. All esri posts I view are not formatted correctly, basically all answers are on one line which makes it difficult to follow answers. Am I missing a setting? Any way to view a formatted answer? Thanks.

RobertBossio_0-1627498423139.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RobertBossio, This is a known issue we are currently working through and is now documented in our Known Issues and Future Enhancements. We have a support ticket raised for it and will post updates on the fix in that document as it progresses.  

Can you post the link to the post you have a screenshot of so we can have a closer look?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RobertBossio, This is a known issue we are currently working through and is now documented in our Known Issues and Future Enhancements. We have a support ticket raised for it and will post updates on the fix in that document as it progresses.  

Can you post the link to the post you have a screenshot of so we can have a closer look?

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Leslie. I have seen the same issue to a lot of of websites. I ended up performing a  manual formatting which it can be time consuming process. Here is one example:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-api-for-javascript-questions/create-widget-toolbar-using-dom-el... 

RobertBossio
New Contributor II

Lesli - thanks for your response. I've since moved on from the original post I had issue with but all esri community posts which includes code samples display as one line. As Lefteris mentioned, I usually copy/paste into another editor and format. However, I did find a setting, "My settings -> Preferences -> Ignore HTML", which allows me to view things formatted a little closer to what the author intended. Hope that helps someone else.