Select to view content in your preferred language

New Member not receiving notifications and can't see his email in Settings...

Jump to solution
01-16-2021 12:46 PM
kdjacob
Emerging Contributor

Dear Community,

I've made my first post earlier today. I asked to be notified if anyone replied but did not see an email, so just now I checked the original post and there was indeed a helpful reply.

So I went to Settings, and then to the tab for "email". However, there was only a "Save" and "Reset" button but no indication of my email. I'm logged into ArcGIS with my username and email, so I'm very puzzled. It seems that it's disappeared on this community and I have no way to get notifications.

I'd be grateful for any help and I'll check back here (manually -- no notifications!!!) later.

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for posting about this issue and sorry that you encountered confusion around this. It may have been related to the fact you became a member and posted content on the same day. It takes 1 full day for you to move up from New Member to New Contributor in our ranks ladder and with that comes certain permissions to perform certain tasks. 

Now that you have moved up to New Contributor I wanted to reconnect to see if you're still not getting notifications when activity happens on a post. When you post a question there is an option which is auto checked 'Email me when someone replies' and assuming you left that checked? The other option is to ensure that notification emails are not going to your spam folder - they come from the email address geonet@esri.com so I'd suggest adding that to your safe list if you're still not seeing these. 

To answer some of your other questions:

Also, when anyone here clicks on my attachment, do you see the image? - Yes your image attachment works perfectly. 

Could this be a clue as to something goofed up with my account and related to not seeing my email? This might be related to your permissions as a new member but please confirm if you are still seeing this. 

(I did change my username when I first registered for this community earlier today.) That should not affect anything you are welcome to change your username as needed. 

Please let me know if there's still any outstanding issues and I am happy to assist. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How to set subscriptions, notifications, and email... - GeoNet, The Esri Community

In case there is anything you might have overlooked.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
kdjacob
Emerging Contributor

Thanks Dan.

But no luck.

I did a screenshot of what I see and where I'm stuck.

Any ideas from the community?

Ken

0 Kudos
kdjacob
Emerging Contributor

Also, when anyone here clicks on my attachment, do you see the image?

When I do here, or anywhere else on this forum, I get an error message.

Could this be a clue as to something goofed up with my account and related to not seeing my email?

(I did change my username when I first registered for this community earlier today.)

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That may have something to do with it. 

I will flag.... @Anonymous User for assistance

... sort of retired...
kdjacob
Emerging Contributor

Thanks Dan.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for posting about this issue and sorry that you encountered confusion around this. It may have been related to the fact you became a member and posted content on the same day. It takes 1 full day for you to move up from New Member to New Contributor in our ranks ladder and with that comes certain permissions to perform certain tasks. 

Now that you have moved up to New Contributor I wanted to reconnect to see if you're still not getting notifications when activity happens on a post. When you post a question there is an option which is auto checked 'Email me when someone replies' and assuming you left that checked? The other option is to ensure that notification emails are not going to your spam folder - they come from the email address geonet@esri.com so I'd suggest adding that to your safe list if you're still not seeing these. 

To answer some of your other questions:

Also, when anyone here clicks on my attachment, do you see the image? - Yes your image attachment works perfectly. 

Could this be a clue as to something goofed up with my account and related to not seeing my email? This might be related to your permissions as a new member but please confirm if you are still seeing this. 

(I did change my username when I first registered for this community earlier today.) That should not affect anything you are welcome to change your username as needed. 

Please let me know if there's still any outstanding issues and I am happy to assist. 

kdjacob
Emerging Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User and thanks for your reply.

I am getting notifications now.

And I am also able to see the attachments too.

However, I still don't understand why in My Settings, on the email tab, my email does not show up. That seems strange, and since I'm having other problems with my ESRI account, I wonder if those problems are somehow connected to my missing email information.

Please see the attached screenshot of the missing email field.

Thank you for looking into this.

Sincerely,

Ken

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Ken, I've PM'd you on this subject. 

0 Kudos