Select to view content in your preferred language

Links to Esri Community posts only work correctly about half the time, sometimes just go to home page

3 weeks ago
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

When I share links to others to particular posts or discussions in the Esri Community, the links only work properly about half the time.  Specifically, half the time it will go to the correct post/discussion, but the other half of the time the same link will just go to the Esri Community home page, which is confusing, because I think sometimes the recipients of my links experience that same behavior and may assume I'm asking them to find the post/discussion from the home page which of course is unreasonable.  Does anyone else experience this problem? If anyone has insight on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

5 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @Will 

I found this post here:
https://community.esri.com/t5/community-feedback/links-to-posts-on-esri-community-just-lead-to/m-p/1...

It states that a fix was implemented, but this may have been broken, I have experienced this before as well and typically go back to the search and click again, or go to the cached version and it starts working.

Cody

Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for finding the other thread, I have now posted in that other thread (referencing this thread) that it no longer appears "solved" and hoping Esri can look into it further.

0 Kudos
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

I have had this happen when clicking links in the automatic subscription emails, but it's rare; maybe 10% of the time.

SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hello @Bud @Will, we made some recent changes on our sign-in configuration. Could you please check and let me know if you still see this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos