Select to view content in your preferred language

How to edit Community post

Jump to solution
11-15-2023 12:35 PM
Thomas_Z2
Regular Contributor

How can I edit my own post in Esri Community?

Since a while I can't edit my own posts and answers anymore. I cannot find edit or delete actions on the page. This (and the poor editor, i.e., no Markdown) is one of the reason why I prefer to use StackExchange and other forums. Editor aside, why can't I edit my posts anymore?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jades1
by
Occasional Contributor

Awesome! Thanks so much!

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could be a user name issue, 

I will flag @JesseCloutier who can investigate

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Fyonter12
Deactivated User

Me too! I can't edit or delete my community post in Esri Community, I'm having the same problem in ArcGIS Online Questions. Please help me...

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Fyonter12, I've just updated your Esri Community account so that it's verified. Please give editing your post another try now.  

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
TimoT
by
Regular Contributor

Hi @JesseCloutier, I'm also unable to edit posts and I believe I have verified my account.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @TimoT, I've checked on your account and believe I know why you're running into this issue. When an Esri Community account is first created it's given the role of Registered User. This role has a limited set of capabilities as a spam prevention measure—including that it can't edit its own posts. 24 hours after a new account posts for the first time, our system automatically updates their role to Active User. This role is given additional permissions, including being able to edit its own posts. You should see that you're able to start making those types of edits and use the Private Message feature within a day from now when your role updates. All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content