How is my username already taken?

Jump to solution
01-04-2021 06:54 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I guess this is my first login since the change to the new community.

I'm prompted to create a new account after signing into arcgis.com.

It suggests "KevinHibma" -- however that account is already taken.  KevinHibma was probably my previous account on the old system. And I really, really doubt there is another KevinHibma here (I tried searching for that user and come up with nothing).

Is there a way to get my previous account back or have it linked to my previous identity? I'm making use of the same arcgis.com account I've had for the past 3 years.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User are you still an Esri employee? if so please access the community through Okta to pick up your correct credentials. If not we can close your old account with Esri and that will release your KevinHimba user name. I currently see 3 KevinHimba accounts, this one you are currently logged in as, this one: About KevinHibma -  associated with your Esri email, and this one About KevinHibma1  associated with another esri email.  You can email us at geonet@esri.com and we can work with you on getting you connected to the correct account. 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User are you still an Esri employee? if so please access the community through Okta to pick up your correct credentials. If not we can close your old account with Esri and that will release your KevinHimba user name. I currently see 3 KevinHimba accounts, this one you are currently logged in as, this one: About KevinHibma -  associated with your Esri email, and this one About KevinHibma1  associated with another esri email.  You can email us at geonet@esri.com and we can work with you on getting you connected to the correct account. 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, @MichelleMathias . I'll send you an email. The login is not prompting me for Okta like it previously did. I've tried a bunch of combinations/browsers and have even manually logged in. All with no luck.