Cant see replies, Cannot reply, after 3+ years my email isn't verified

Jump to solution
01-06-2021 04:46 PM
SimonWebster
Occasional Contributor

This morning I made a post, received a reply, replied to it, then had the system start telling me that I couldn't see or make replies since my email address wasn't verified - despite being a verified member who has been participating for more than 3+ years. Amazing - I needed help, and my post is now hiddena nd I cannot get replies. Original post.

The instructions at the bottom of the post page are cut off, but inspecting them in the Chrome developer tools reveals the system says I should visit my profile page to resend the verification email. 

On the profile page (when I'm logged in) there is nothing about resending a verification email - in fact the words "verify" does not appear once. I cannot see anything similar in settings. 

Finally - if I'm not verified, how on earth am I able to make this post?

Perhaps the forum could throw an "Error: 99999", too....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon, sorry you are experiencing frustrations with posting content in the community. 

I have checked your SimonWebster account and your email is verified so you look to be good there. We will investigate why you got the verification error when already verified. 

The post you referred to was in our Spam filter which does hide it temporarily and it means it can't be interacted with so I've released that from the Quarantine so you should be able to access it. 

Please reach out to the Community Team at geonet@esri.com if you experience any further issues and we're happy to work directly with you to troubleshoot and hopefully make your experience better. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Strange... I responded to the post, then apparently you tried to respond and I got this error message

error.png

I will update the moderator thread with post so it can be checked into with more detail.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon, sorry you are experiencing frustrations with posting content in the community. 

I have checked your SimonWebster account and your email is verified so you look to be good there. We will investigate why you got the verification error when already verified. 

The post you referred to was in our Spam filter which does hide it temporarily and it means it can't be interacted with so I've released that from the Quarantine so you should be able to access it. 

Please reach out to the Community Team at geonet@esri.com if you experience any further issues and we're happy to work directly with you to troubleshoot and hopefully make your experience better. 

0 Kudos
SimonWebster
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @DanPatterson  and @Anonymous User 

0 Kudos