Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting fewer notifications than usual

06-22-2024 08:19 AM
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

I normally get around 80-100 Esri Community notifications in my feed each day on weekdays (red count indicator on bell icon):

https://community.esri.com/t5/notificationfeed/page

But for the past few days I’ve been getting roughly half that many notifications. And fewer kudo notifications. Is that expected, due to summer holidays etc., or is there any chance there’s an issue with notifications in the system?

0 Kudos
30 Replies
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @HaydenWelch @Bud @BlakeMorrison @KenBuja @JesseCloutier  I want to provide you with an update on the issue of missing notifications.  The team has resolved the underlying problem, and confirmed that the notifications, including emails, should improve over the next few days.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you notice any problems with notifications. 

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

@SimiBasu

FYI -  I'm getting the "You don't have any notifications." error again, even after clearing the browser cache and accepting all cookies:

Bud_0-1721141375866.png

I have the same issue on both my work and home computer.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

I'm getting the "You don't have any notifications" error again.

Bud_0-1721968876139.png

0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

@Bud , Thank you for letting us know. Could you please check it again today if you see notifications? After checking with the support team we do not see any issues/outage. I am watching this closely to see if any other users are facing this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

@SimiBasu, I hadn't gotten the error since your comment two weeks ago. 

But I got it just now:

Bud_0-1723153798616.png

0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud  Thank you for letting us know. Upon further investigation, it seems that this is not an widespread issue but might be user specific. The support team has advised that caching may be the cause, especially since we previously cleared the app caches. I kindly ask that you check if you can clear your browser caches and cookies and try again. 

Please observe the behavior after clearing the browser caches and cookies, and let us know if the issue persists. @JesseCloutier  for visibility.

Thanks, Simi Basu

0 Kudos
BlakeMorrison
Regular Contributor

Hi @SimiBasu 

I would just like to reinforce that I too experience this issue. I was not notified about your reply to this thread that I'm subscribed to. It is not in my notifications at all.

The problem has nothing to do with emails. The problem is with the forum software.

0 Kudos
BlakeMorrison
Regular Contributor

@SimiBasu 

There are posts about this issue sitting in this forum from February this year, yet somehow you've decided this issue is only affecting one person.

0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @BlakeMorrison . Just wanted to confirm have you checked this recently and still having issues?  We understand that since February this issue was surfaced and on and off new upgrades have been put in place to resolve this issue. 

Could you please confirm if this still an issue for you after clearing the browser caches and cookies. Thanks. 

@JesseCloutier  for visibility.

0 Kudos
BlakeMorrison
Regular Contributor

For the purposes of this reply I'm using Chrome and I've cleared the cache and cookies.

Unless I'm mistaken, I should be receiving a notification when a thread I'm subscribed to gets a reply. By notification, I mean the notification feed in the forum software (accessed via bell icon). I do not mean emails or any sort of proactive push notification - I am only referring to the forum software.

Current forum behaviour from my point of view is that I will only be notified when I am tagged with the @ symbol. This leaves me having to manually visit threads I have participated in to check if there has been any activity.

0 Kudos